What’s up with Windows 10?
4 Things You Need to Know
People have been asking, "What’s up with Windows 10?" Is it good? Is it bad? Is it compatible? To get the most up-to-date information, Internos Team has attended a great Windows 10 event hosted by Microsoft. We now know what they are promising the public.
Here are my notes from the meeting:
- FREE to Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 users
- Compatibility and Security is their focus
- Single sign on
- Two-factor authentication
- Management options
- Mobile application/device management will be integrated in Azure AD, no on premise hardware
- Updates will be mandatory
- Consumers will test first
- Businesses get updates after >1 million successful consumer deployments
- ONLY way to avoid updates (IE: hospitals, military, etc.), is with a Windows 10 Enterprise license with Software Assurance ($$$), otherwise, you will receive the latest updates from Microsoft
Internos team has a “Windows 10 Task Force” led by Richard Blanco Jr.’ we are testing Windows 10 ourselves and welcome questions about Microsoft’s latest operating system. For now we have set a block on automated updates to avoid any systems compatibility issues until we test with you Line of Business applications.
Sandro M. Alvarez